Sunday, August 1, 2010

Awards

A huge, huge apology to the wonderful bloggers who have given me awards over the past several weeks. I've been exceedingly lazy about reciprocating the awards.

So here is a post combining the awards I've received recently.

Versatile Blogger Award



Thank you to:

The rules for this award are:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself. 
  3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic for whatever reason! (In no particular order...) 
    • Don't feel obligated to actually do 15. It's a lot of work. I kept the number at 15 since I've been so awful about responding to awards.
  4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Seven things about myself:

1. Some of my favorite books as a small child were dog books: The Poky Little Puppy, the Spot books, and the Clifford books to name a few.
2. My favorite Broadway musicals are Lion King, Rent, Ragtime, and Les Miserables. I love the soundtrack for Whistle Down The Wind, but didn't love the actual musical. 
3. I refuse to eat bananas, avocados, or mushrooms.
4. My favorite book in middle school and high school was The Giver by Lois Lowry
5. I've gone running when it was 115 degrees. I don't recommend it.
6. I taught myself to knit when I was a freshman in college, but haven't done it much in recent years.
7. I fell in love with Chan Luu bracelets last year but didn't want to pay $200 for one. So I taught myself how to make them.

Fifteen bloggers

Oh My Blog Award



Thank you to

Here are the Rules:

1.) Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!! (Already done!)
2.) Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB Award:
  • Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
  • Write about your most embarrassing moment.
  • Write a "Soundtrack of your childhood" post.
  • Make your next blog a "vlog" (video blog). Basically, you're talking to the camera about whatever.
  • Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make-up, etc.) and post it.
3.) Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers. Don't forget to tell them.
I'm going for the most embarrassing moment - I've always preferred Truth over Dare. :-)
I don't have a single moment that I can describe well. Most of the moments have to be experienced to be appreciated.  But here are two that come to mind:
1. Mispronouncing the word "consortium" in my law school torts class and having my professor mock me in front of 100 people.
2. Falling asleep in my boss's office, somehow dreaming that his computer was taken over by Russian spies, and telling my boss that the Russians were coming to get us when I snapped out of my half-sleep state.
Three Blogs:

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! This is my third one ^_^ Haha, I'm sorry but Russian spies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! I love the support I am finding from so many wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award and congratulations on your awards as well ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh Les Miserables! I love it. :)

    Thanks so much for the award, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award! Congrats on getting it!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Allison! That was sweet of you. Your embarrassing moments weren't too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alison, congrats on your awards and thanks for awarding one to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the award!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I appreciate every one! Thank you in advance.

This blog is now an award free zone. I just don't have time to pass on the awards as they deserve.